6.28.2008

Going North

I'm heading home for the 4th of July! I'm planning on taking lots of pictures, but I'm not sure what kind of internet connection I'll have, if any ;) I'll be everywhere between Duluth with friends, Gilbert with my family, in Eveleth celebrating with the entire town, and Lake Vermilion with my extended family. In spirit, I'm already there! I pretty much grew up on Lake Vermilion at the cabin, it's where we spent our summers my entire life, and where I have countless good memories! My heart has been absolutely aching to be there - it's been two years! (I was there over Christmas, but it's just not the same ;) I can't wait to relax, rejuvenate, and reconnect with the lake, the trees, the sky, my family, and my soul :)

...So goodbye for a while I'm out to learn more
About who I really was before
Yeah I'm Going North

Up where the hunted hide with ease
Under the arms of eye-less trees
Up where the answers fall like leaves
Oh and your love is all I need
Yeah I'm Going North


(from "Going North" by Missy Higgins)

I apologize in advance for not answering emails in a timely fashion! I'll be back on July 7th :)

2 Comments - Leave a little love!:

Christina said...

Have a good and safe trip! Are you taking the doggies??

Keri said...

As someone who is also heading north (to northern Michigan) for the Fourth, I love your quote.

By the way, I looked up the lake you referred to. Dang, that's way up north! Does the water ever warm up?