6.04.2008

Red Bull Air Race :: Detroit River

On Sunday, a group of us drove out to Windsor, Ontario to watch the Red Bull Air Race over the Detroit River. The Detroit side was sold out, so we had to venture over to Canada, but I think we ended up with a better view :) I'm in love with the Detroit skyline, and we had a great time in Windsor! If you don't know what the races are all about, basically, it's these super fast planes that have to run this course set up. They try to beat each others times while correctly performing their maneuvers. It was impressive. I couldn't believe how fast they were going, and SO close to the water & buildings!



The spectators on the Detroit side





This helicopter was filming us (the crowd)... so I captured him too  ;)





The guys, enjoying the show


Us!

After a long day of walking around, watching planes, and taking pictures, it was time for some lattes, cigars (not me, ick!), and good music. This was actually my favorite part of the day - we just chilled and listed to the band play in the street. It was awesome.


4 Comments - Leave a little love!:

Kerri said...

Very cool photos!

Heather said...

great shots! what a fun day!

Danielle Storey said...

Love them, nice work :)

Amy Carroll said...

I am TOTALLY jealous that you were able to attend this! Jason and I have been saying how fun it would be to see this live.

Great captures from this event Kristen! Thank you for sharing the fun you had...great images!