6.25.2008

Summer Lovelies













These last two pics: do you know what this plant is? Well, you probably should ;) It's poison ivy! Poison ivy can take on many different shapes, so watch out for it. It has three leaves in a cluster, and does not have serrated edges like a strawberry plant does. It can, however, have irregular edges, like the ones in my photos. It's all over my walking trail, but luckily, I'm not allergic to it. I run around out there in my sandals with the dogs with no problems. I do rinse my feet & ankles off when I get back inside, just in case ;) If you come into contact with poison ivy, I advise you do the same! Some research says you can use a mild soap, but not warm or hot water. Warmer water spreads the irritant's oil, whereas the cold will wash it away. There. Your biology lesson and friendly Public Service Announcement for the day! For more info, visit www.poison-ivy.org



5 Comments - Leave a little love!:

Rk (nevermindme) said...

These photos are stunning! They make me want to go outside and just, like, enjoy nature. Keep up the good work! :)

Kerri said...

I agree, wonderful photos!

Keri said...

Those photos are simply gorgeous! I love all the daisy ones.

And thank you for the lesson on poison ivy!

Christina said...

I had an awful run in with poison ivy when we were building our house. I learned my lesson quick! Beautiful pictures!

Spark Creative Photography said...

Love the daisy pics!