5.20.2008

Jamie + Kristen... 2 Years!


Today is our 2nd Wedding Anniversary! It’s amazing how different life is even a mere two years later. We had just moved to Michigan and were in a tiny apartment and looking for a place to live, wondering what our life would be like. Soon it was May, and we were going back home for the wedding. I’ll never forget flying to Minnesota with my wedding dress in my carry-on bag, and watching the snow fall as we landed in Duluth.

The wedding day was wonderful – the weather warmed up and we had a (very rare) warm sunny spring day along Lake Superior. Everything went so smoothly, and it was great to have all of our friends & family there. Our pastor gave a sweet, touching ceremony, and the reception was an evening filled with smiles, toasts, hugs, and dancing. It truly was a wonderful day, and I am so blessed to be Mrs. Jamie Carlson. He is the most amazing man I’ve ever met; I still can’t believe how lucky I am that I get to share my life with him.

After the wedding & honeymoon, we flew back to Michigan. Within a week, the perfect opportunity presented itself: while we were gone, one of the pieces of land we had been considering had a frame of a house built on it, and a for sale sign out front. We called the builder, looked over the plans, and signed. The next few months were spent designing and planning, and before we knew it, we were Home.


All photos © 2006 Alan Johnson Photography, used with permission. www.alanjohnsonphotography.com













*** Update! ***

While I was typing and posting this, a gorgeous bouquet of flowers were delivered to my office! Awwww…. See? What did I tell you? He’s such a honey :)

I love you, Jamie!

9 Comments - Leave a little love!:

Christina said...

Oh wow! You look beautiful in these pictures! Gorgeous dress! Congratulations! And i have to make the silly comment that your eyes don't look red to me :-)

Anonymous said...

Awwe, what a pretty wedding! Happy Anniversary!!! - Purvi

Kerri said...

You guys are such a cute couple! Very nice photos!

It's a very lovely story too. Congratulations on two-years of wedded bliss! :)

Danielle Storey said...

Beautiful photos, happy anniversary!

Heather said...

happy anniversary!!!

Heather said...

Hi Kristen! Thanks for the comment!

Yes, they were with my camera - I had my 50 mm 1.8 lens on. The sun/shadows in the last one bother me, but his parents insisted on standing there :P.

Hope you enjoyed your anniversary!

Amy Carroll said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! You are an ADORABLE couple...so lovely :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I can't believe its already two years!

xoxoxo

Keri said...

Happy anniversary! You're pictures look amazing. I can't believe it was snowing when you landed in MN, and then sunny and warm on your wedding day!