3.16.2008

Butterflies

My friend Nikki invited me along with her daughter to Meijer Gardens last weekend, where we got to see (and photograph!) the butterfly exhibit. It was amazing! If you haven't gone, and you're here in Grand Rapids, go! There are butterflies everywhere, along with birds and some of the most gorgeous flowers, all in a warm, sunny tropical setting. The butterflies are beautiful, and happily, not afraid of my camera :)






These last two pics turned out so cool - the butterflies move so fast, faster than the shutter speed I had set. It resulted in this cool motion effect where the butterfly is kinda there, but kinda not. I love it!

3 Comments - Leave a little love!:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christina said...

These are just gorgeous. The color is amazing and the level of detail. LOVE EM'!

Maribeth said...

Great photos. I'm impressed.