1.07.2008

Night Lightning

Crazy weather we're having...


Above, this is me trying to capture lightning before reading about how to do it. Still kinda cool, but not really a "good" photo, it's pretty blurry. Below, after reading, and after the lightning stopped (how convenient!), this is me using a muuuuuch slower shutter speed and my new tripod (Thanks again, Liz & Paul!!) It's no lightning, but still pretty cool, I think. The color is from the orangey city lights off in the distance, filtering through the clouds.


Back to the weather: Yes, we're having a thunderstorm, and even a tornado warning. On January 7th. In Michigan, where the average temperature for Jan 7th is 29. We had weather in the 60's today! It was wonderful, we were out walking around the neighborhood at 5:30pm and again at 7:30pm, and it was still 62 degrees! I love it :) I did some research online, and if the data is correct, we beat our previous record high of 52 F in 1989! Pretty awesome. I could go for an early spring!

1 Comments - Leave a little love!:

Christina said...

That is REALLY good! You just missed a silouette (sp?) challenge on the Photoboard that this would be great for.. I would be happy to go through the manual settings with you although I am still such a novice. This link is a good explanation of the whole thing:

http://www.photoaficionado.com/situationroom/manual.html

Also, I got the Scott Kelby PSE book so I'm hoping I can learn a couple of things from that but I would love to get some of your tips as there appears to be a billion different ways to do the same thing in that program. Yesterday, I actually made an 8.5 x 11 invitation with pictures and text all in PSE which is a HUGE step for me (I would use MS Publisher or MS Powerpoint in the past for things like this).

Also, with my new camera, guess what, I can't open the RAW in elements so I have to get the "real" photoshop program so like I said, can definitely use some tips. There are a few workarounds I'm going to try first though..